For the past 2 weeks, a hot topic in the car has been K and G getting married to each other. K especailly wants to know why they can't spend the rest of their lives together in holy matrimony. I think his reasoning comes along the same lines as why he was very concerned about having to move out of the house to go away from college as Andy in Toy Story 3 does - it rocks his little world that life in the future will be any different than living here with us and his sisters. After a long silence in the car after the movie he had told me - "Mom, don't worry. I will stay at home with you when I go to college so you don't miss me." Oh boy, lucky me:)
Anyway...I have given them several reasons why they can't marry each other. 1- You will think it is gross to marry your sister when you get older, 2- You will probably be tired of you sister by then, 3-It is against the law. Even with those answers don't seem to quell the interest in the topic. I think they are probably too young to go into the "You will have some super funky kids" reason as that opens up a whole other can of worms, so I am just stuck reassuring them that when they get to marrying age the idea of marrying each other will just completely disgust them.
So, if you are around them and they share the fact that they are getting married when they get older, please know I have tried to change their minds. But, for the moment, maybe we will save a little change in hosting a combo wedding no matter how gross it may be.....Do you get a discount with the caterer or church or something for that?
No comments:
Post a Comment