Recently, G has discovered the ingenuity of compound words, and has been filling my days with sharing why certain things are named what they are. Statements always start with, "Mom, do you know why they call a ________ that name?" Sample comments include....
"Mom, do you know why this is called a head band? You wear it on your head and it is in the shape of a band."
"Mom, I know why that is called a school bus. It takes you to school and it is a bus."
"Mom, do you know why this is called a bedspread? It is because it goes on a bed and spreads all over it."
"Mom, this is called peanut butter because it has peanuts in it, but it's kinda like butter because you put it on bread."
The list could go on and on.......
Although I am thrilled that she is figuring out how the english language works, after about 10 of these statements a day it is all I can do to stifle my sarcasm. This, I give you "Master of the Obvious"
No comments:
Post a Comment