Although it is pretty cool to listen to your child read, it opens up a whole world that you forget you have to filter until you have someone sounding out words that their little eyes probably shouldn't be reading.
For example,
We were at Wal-Mart today picking out cards for daddy's birthday. While I had my head turned away attending to a fussy E, K picked up a card in the shape of a beer can and started reading. I heard his little voice behind me read,
"For your birthday, I th-th-thought you would like some b-e, bee, beer with a little s-e-x, sex on the..."
At that point I gently plucked the beer-can shaped card from his hand and said, "I don't think daddy would like that card honey" as nonchelantly as possible and stuck it high up above little hands, while directing his attention to a card with a funny dog on it. Luckily the dog card distraction circumvented the "Mommy, what's sex?" question which I was sure was headed my way.
Note to Mr. Card-Stocker at Walmart: Cards in the shape of beer cans, cards with lovely ladies in small bikinis, and other "adult" themed greetings may need to be placed higher than 3 feet up.
Note to self: Home-made birthday greetings by kids may be the way to go
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2010
(105)
-
▼
August
(18)
- Developing Diva
- The Danger of Literacy
- First of Thousands of Papers I Don't Know What to ...
- Big Yellow Bus
- It's Official
- State Fair Sights
- State Fair Train Ride
- Old Fashioned Ice Cream Parlor
- Tri Daddy!
- Gymnastickers
- Splash Park
- Ah Ha!
- Slow Down Little Girl...
- Lake, Big Lake
- Cheeseland Children's Museum
- Mr. Baseball (Well, Actually Mr. T-Ball)
- Can You Take our Picture???
- Dirty Baby
-
▼
August
(18)
No comments:
Post a Comment